BOHOGS Geotechnical Practitioner Awards 2017
For Gavin’s significant contribution to the field of Open Cut Geotechnical Engineering through the following endeavours:
- Initiation and co-ordination of industry involvement and presentations at universities in NSW and QLD
- Promoting mining geotechnical engineering training and qualifications to the board of AusIMM and the broader engineering community
- Vice Chair of BOHOGS, BBUGS and NUGS for 2017
- Successful organisation of BOHOGS sites visits
- ACARP geotechnical task force member UG and OC, and monitor across Underground (24015) and Open Cut Projects (26019, 25025, 25040, 26033) – this is just the current list!
- Sharing learnings and challenges to the geotechnical community at BOHOGS/BBUGS events
- Providing internal training within Peabody
- Complex design for Peabody projects including augering, Final Void Landform Stability Designs, Water Impoundment Structure Standards
- Development of Geotechnical failure Quantifier tool for open cut operations
Service Award: Kim Peckett
For her significant contribution to BOHOGS, including five years on the BOHOGS committee, time as Vice Chair, Secretary, and being the primary organiser of NSW meetings.
Service Award: Jordan Hermann (Maptek)
For his dedication as a supplier and member of BOHOGS, generously volunteering free I-Site Studio training to Society members over the past five years.